Hemp - What Makes It Eco Friendly?
Hemp is made into a
wide variety of fabrics.
Hemp is an extremely beneficial plant fiber for use in clothing for the whole family. It requires no chemicals in its production so it’s usually naturally grown without pesticides and toxic chemicals. In fact, growing hemp actually improves the soil.
Therefore the hemp clothes that touch your skin are as nature intended without any harmful toxins. Hemp clothes are good for women, men, and children and especially chemically sensitive individuals.
Hemp is good for the environment. In addition to being In addition to being grown without the use of pesticides, our suppliers manufacture the hemp into fiber and fabric with an environmentally friendly (also referred to as “eco friendly”) process.
Hemp fibers have many valuable qualities that are quite desirable in a textile material for both women’s clothing and men’s clothing. Some of these are:
- Hemp makes a strong, durable, comfortable, healthy, and high-performance fabric that’s great for all seasons and for use indoors and out.
- Hemp is an exceptionally comfortable and healthy fabric to wear, since it’s hypoallergenic and non-irritating to the skin.
- Hemp has excellent insulative and conductive qualities. When compared to cotton, for example, hemp is warmer yet breathes better. For hot weather, hemp has superior conductive qualities to those of all other textile fibers (equaled only by flax), allowing the wearer to feel cool, comfortable, and fresh in very hot and/or humid conditions.
- Hemp’s fiber molecule has a shaft-like structure that allows it to wick moisture right off the body, dry quickly, and, in cold conditions, even feel warm when wet.
- Hemp fabric is very resistant to degradation from mold, bacteria, salt water, sunlight, abrasion, and chemicals, while being fully biodegradable (unlike synthetic fibers). Products made from hemp are much less prone to develop odor problems.
- Hemp provides unparalleled protection from UV radiation.
- Hemp textiles have rich and supple texture and tremendous strength and durability.
- Hemp is an excellent ecological alternative to environmentally destructive conventional cotton cultivation and synthetics.
- Plant fibers breathe much better than leather and synthetics - and hemp breathes better than all other plant fibers.
- Hemp fiber is also more environmentally sound than synthetics, because plant fibers are totally biodegradable and have been produced from a natural origin without the pollution resulting from the manufacture of synthetics.
- Hemp also has greater ecological benefits than other plant fibers since it is the most environmentally positive of all agricultural crops. It requires no chemicals in its production and actually improves the soil.
We offer online shipment tracking.